Welcome to Discovery Children’s Church, online, Sunday April 5, 2020.
Today’s lesson includes the following: Video, Family Discussion Questions, Worship Song, Games and Activities, Devotional Challenge, and Memory Verse. (The 2/3 Nursery Lesson Story for today can be found Here.)
Even if you try really hard not to, you will sin sometimes. Sin breaks our friendship with God, but God’s grace fixes that friendship when we choose to follow Jesus. Let’s watch this video together and see what the Konnect HQ team learns about trying to be good.
Family Discussion Questions :
- If you found a huge present, what do you think would be in it? Discover more about each other.
- What do you think it mean to sin, how does sin hurt us? Defining the important points.
- What can you do this week to show you’re thankful for God’s Grace? Action Steps Any idea is welcome.
Worship Song “My Life His Story”:
Practice learning the words to this song, have your parents play this song every day this week!
You can learn the dance moves this week and dance along.
Games and Activities:
- “I Never” activity. You will need two pieces of white paper or anything else with no writing on it and a market for each student and the list of “I Never” statements. Let’s see what sinful choices do to this white paper. If I read a choice that is true for you, great! Don’t do anything. If it’s not true for you — make a mark on the paper. Read an I never statement (CLICK HERE) and let the kids make their marks. When finished discuss how this shows us how our sinful choices make permanent marks on our hearts. Take the clean sheet and place it over the top and discuss how God’s Grace always wins, when we trust and follow Jesus he covers us with His Goodness.
- Find a small box and wrap or decorate it. Put it in a spot to remind you God’s Grace is a gift. Have your parent or guardian take a photo of it and then share on facebook or instagram with the hashtag #200504RootedKids
- Special Video for parents on teaching grace to children. Grace is not an easy concept to grasp. Here is a video for parents from Pursue God ministries on how parents can show grace every day. Click Here
This Week’s Devotional Challenge:
- When God created us He said we were good. We still want to be good because God created us good. Just like when Adam and Eve ate the fruit and broke their friendship with God, we do things we want to do even though we know they are wrong. But God’s grace is bigger than our sin. Take some time each day to start a habit of reading a devotional this week about Grace. Try doing this as a family.
- Go To YouVersion Bible App, click on reading plans, search for “God’s Grace”
- If you do not have the app go here: www.go2.lc/KonnectBiblePlans and click on “God’s Grace”
- Have your parent or guardian share a photo of a picture you drew about the devotion or post the verse for the devotion on facebook or instagram and hashtag it #200504RootedKids
Romans 6:23 NLT “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Thank you for joining us today and taking part in the children’s time. I encourage parents and guardians to take part with their children throughout the week and do the devotional challenge together as a family.