Welcome to Discovery Children’s Church, online, June 21, 2020.
Today’s lesson includes the following: Video, Family Discussion Questions, Worship Song, Games and Activities, Devotional Challenge, and Memory Verse. The nursery story can be found here
God is loyal to love you and be there for you no matter what. Follow God’s example and be a loyal friend to others. Let’s watch this video together and see what the Konnect HQ team learns about being a loyal friend.
Family Discussion Questions :
- What would you do if your friend’s bike broke? Discover more about each other.
- What does it mean to be loyal? Defining the important points.
- Think of one way you can be more loyal this week to a friend or family member. Action Steps.
Worship Song: The Sound of Freedom
Practice learning the words to “The Sound of Freedom”, have your parents play this song every day this week!
Worship Song Dance Moves:
There were lots of different styles of dance in this video, how many did you notice?
Games and Activities:
- Loyalty Challenge: Have you ever heard yourself or someone else say, “just let me do it myself.” Play the Loyalty Challenge and find out why it seems easier to just do it ourself and not count on others, but it can be lonely on our own. Download the challenge Here
- Write a “Thank you” letter to God. Write a thankful letter to God. Put it in your Bible. Next time you do not feel thankful pull out this letter to remind you of all the things you can be thankful for.
- Go To YouVersion Bible App, click on reading plans, search for “Godly Character-Konnect”. If you do not have the app go here: www.go2.lc/KonnectBiblePlans and click on “Godly Character”
- Have your parent or guardian share a photo of a picture you drew about the devotion or post the verse for the devotion on facebook or instagram and hashtag it #202604RootedKids
Proverbs 17:17 NLT, “A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.”