Welcome to Discovery Children’s Church, online, Sunday April 26, 2020.
Today’s lesson includes the following: Video, Family Discussion Questions, Worship Song, Games and Activities, Devotional Challenge, and Memory Verse. (The 2/3 Nursery Lesson Story for today can be found Here)
God’s grace forgives our sins when we choose Jesus. God’s Holy Spirit lives in our hearts to guide us. Let’s watch this video together and see what the Konnect HQ team learns about God’s grace and being free with the Holy Spirit.
Family Discussion Questions :
- What is something a person can’t do even if they try really, really hard? Discover more about each other.
- When do we get to start living with help from the Holy Spirit? Defining the important points.
- What do you need to ask the Holy Spirit to help guide you with this week? Action Steps.
Worship Song “I Am Yours”:
Practice learning the words to this song, have your parents play this song every day this week!
Learn the dance moves with this weeks video!
Games and Activities:
- Beat the Challenge. Print or create your own cards, Click here to see or print the cards.It can be hard to do the right thing! Beat these challenges. Watch out—because sometimes your brain is going to tell you to say the wrong thing!Challenge 1: Show each flashcard 1-2 seconds and kids say the NUMBER on the flashcard. Go through the stack 5-7 times. You may mix them a little as you go.Challenge 2: Show each flashcard 1-2 seconds and kids say the COLOR on the flashcard. Go through the stack 5-7 times.Challenge 3: Show each flashcard 1-2 seconds and kids say the NUMBER OF DOTS on the flashcard. Go through the stack 5-7 times. Sometimes our human brains tell us the wrong information. We can be thankful we have God’s Holy Spirit.
- Make a Frog, any frog with paper or other items you have at your house. Find a nice rock outside and print the letters: FROGGIE–“Fully Rely On God’s Grace In Everything”. Put the Frog with the Rock on a spot, not you have pet frog that reminds you to rely on God’s Grace. Have your parent or guardian take a photo of it and then share on facebook or instagram with the hashtag #201904RootedKids
- Special Video for parents on teaching grace to children. Grace is not an easy concept to grasp. Here is a video for parents from Pursue God ministries on how parents can show grace every day. Click Here
- We’ve got to check our hearts and see if they’re leading us God’s way before we follow them. How do we know God’s way? By spending time in his Word the Bible and learning more each day about his way. Take some time each day to start a habit of reading a devotional this week about Grace. Try doing this as a family.
- Go To YouVersion Bible App, click on reading plans, search for “God’s Grace”. If you do not have the app go here: www.go2.lc/KonnectBiblePlans and click on “God’s Grace”
- Have your parent or guardian share a photo of a picture you drew about the devotion or post the verse for the devotion on facebook or instagram and hashtag it #202604RootedKids
Galations 5:16 NLT “Let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves.”