Welcome to Discovery Children’s Church, online, June 14, 2020.
Today’s lesson includes the following: Video, Family Discussion Questions, Worship Song, Games and Activities, Devotional Challenge, and Memory Verse. The nursery story can be found here
Honesty is being truthful in your words and keeping your promises. Choose to tell the truth to respect God and others. Let’s watch this video together and see what the Konnect HQ team learns about telling the truth.
Family Discussion Questions :
- What is the best thing that has every happened to you? Discover more about each other.
- What does it mean to be thankful? Defining the important points.
- When is it difficult to be thankful, think of ways you can be more thankful this week. Action Steps.
Worship Song: My Life His Story
Practice learning the words to “My Life His Story”, have your parents play this song every day this week!
Worship Song Dance Moves:
Games and Activities:
- I thank God for: Sit together and play this game around the dinner table. One person starts, “I thank God for…” and gives one thing. Then the next person begins, “I thank God for… repeating the first person’s thanks and then adding their own. Each person repeats all the things mentioned before and adds another. The group can help out if needed. Make a goal of one time or two times around the dinner table.
- Write a “Thank you” letter to God. Write a thankful letter to God. Put it in your Bible. Next time you do not feel thankful pull out this letter to remind you of all the things you can be thankful for.
- Go To YouVersion Bible App, click on reading plans, search for “Godly Character-Konnect”. If you do not have the app go here: www.go2.lc/KonnectBiblePlans and click on “Godly Character”
- Have your parent or guardian share a photo of a picture you drew about the devotion or post the verse for the devotion on facebook or instagram and hashtag it #202604RootedKids
1 Thessalonians 5:8 NIRV “Give thanks no matter what happens. God wants you to thank him because you believe in Christ Jesus.”