Dear Elizabethton Alliance Church Family,
The time for us to gather again for worship is right around the corner (June 13, 14). To say we are “very excited” about this is a supreme understatement. We have genuinely missed each other and look forward to the joy of sharing worship and fellowship again.
Our intent is to make Phase 2 of our regathering as safe as possible for as many as possible. We believe the following precautions are adequate for the present time and look forward to the time we can meet together without them.
- Times of regathering:
- Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. – This service is for those 60 and over or those who have a compromised immune system. We will be doing the taping of the service at this time for those who are not able to re-gather with the entire congregation at this time. The seating will be appropriately spaced and the facility will have been thoroughly cleaned prior.
- Sundays at 10:30 a.m. – This service is for all others. There will be no nursery, children’s church or Sunday School. We will agree beforehand that noise from babies and children will be an “extra added attraction” of our regathering.
- The remote/recorded service will continue to be posted on line as it has been on Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
- We are asking all to provide their own mask or face covering. The church has purchased a few masks for emergency situations.
- We are rearranging the seating so we can sing and social distance effectively. We ask that you sit in family groups. Our chairs will be disconnected to facilitate these groupings.
- Bathroom use will be 1 person/family at a time.
- If you do desire, please bring your own water/coffee with you in closed containers, as that will not be provided for now.
- Please allow proper social distancing at all times. We must be sensitive to the reality that this is much more important to some than to others. The Scriptures exhort us not to violate the conscience of a fellow believer. (Rom. 14/ I Cor. 8)
We recognize these guidelines may be burdensome to some of you. Our sincere hope is that we can dispense with them sooner than later. For the present we believe they will help us to gather, sensibly, safely and lovingly as followers of God.
Philippians 2:1 – 4
“If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.”
We look forward to our regathering (June 13/14) with great joy. See you soon.
Pastor Louie for the Elders of the EAC