If you are giving online it is important to know that we use service called Tithe.ly to securely take contributions. Tithe.ly is a online service that processes banking transactions such as credit card or bank account payments. They are used by countless churches, ministries, and are the backbone for the C&MA Mobile Church App. They take care of the technical and security elements to make sure the transactions are handled safely and securely. If at any point during the process you notice the Tithe.ly name or logo, this is normal and you shouldn’t worry.
Online Giving – Financial Details
Please be aware that when you give online, each contribution incurs a small processing fee. For debit/credit cards it is 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. For ACH/Bank transactions it is 1% + $0.30 per transaction. If you would like to cover the cost of the processing fee, simply click the button next to “Cover card processing fees?”
Selecting this option will automatically add the processing cost to your contribution, making sure the church receives the full amount you intended to give. For example, if you wish to give $100, after selecting the “Cover card processing fee” you will notice the total contribution will be $103.30, meaning the church will receive $100 in the end.
Online Giving – Help
We genuinely desire for this service to be easy to use and helpful to our members. So easy, in fact, that you can simply walk through the process with little to no effort. Should you need a little extra help, please reference the information below.
Additional mobile apps:
Creating An Account
To track your giving through Tithe.ly, to give to multiple funds or to set up recurring giving, you will need to set up an account with Tithe.ly. To do this:
- Click here to open the giving form.
- In the top right corner of the form, click “Login/Sign Up”
- On the next screen, if you already have a Tithe.ly account, simply enter your email address and password to login. If you need to create an account, click the “Create Account” button.
- On the next page, complete the form to create your Tithe.ly account. After creating your account, you will receive an email with a link which must be followed in order to verify your email address.
- After creating your account, you will prompted to enter a credit or debit card. Complete this process if you wish to use a credit or debit card for your contribution. If you wish to use a bank account, select “Bank Account” from the bottom of the page.
Enter the necessary bank account information to continue.
- Once your credit card, debit card, or bank account information has been entered you will be taken to the giving form.
- Enter the amount you wish to give as well as select the fund you would like the contribution to be applied to. If you wish to give to more than one fund, click the “+Add Gift” button. This will, for example, allow you to give one amount to the General Fund and a separate/different amount to the Great Commission Fund.
- If you wish to cover the processing fees, click the available button (see above Financial Details).
- If you wish to set up a recurring contribute, click the “Setup Automated Giving” button. You will be provided the options to select the frequency and day you wish to give.
*please note you cannot setup automated giving if you have selected to give to multiple accounts/funds.
- When you’re done, just click “Give.” A receipt will be emailed to you. Additionally, you can review a history of your giving at Tithe.ly.
In the future when you wish to give, just click the “Give” button above. If you’re not already logged in, login, and complete the giving form. The first time is really the most difficult.
One Time Gift
If you wish to make a one time contribution, please follow these steps.
- Click the “Give” button above.
- Complete the giving form – including the amount of the contribution; the fund you’re giving to; your credit card/debit card/bank account information; personal information; click “Give.”
- You’ll receive a receipt in your email